Hello Internet

This is a blog about things on my mind. I am an ordinary guy from Vaasa Finland and present a teacher @VAMK University of Applied Sciences. My motto is "Carpe Diem". I try to stay curious and learn new things every day. I actually started this blog a couple of years ago when I bought an iPad as my assistant (I could not do without it anymore), but I did not have the energy to keep it up. I made a new start in April 2016. I hope that there will be posting more often in the future :)

Professionally I am into ICT & Business and interested in new trends and I want to help companies to improve their Businesses through new innovations in Digitalization and IoT. I teach System Modeling (UML), Project Management and CRM and in between tutor students in working life Projects.
I teach in English and Finnish. I like to be international and write my blogs in English. This is also a great way to improve my English skills. A while ago I found out that Lean Thinking in Teaching is cool. There might be some postings on Lean in the future.
Feel free to read and comment.

You will find some background information on me om my Home Base: http://kennorr56.wix.com/homebase

Thursday 21 April 2016

About Feedback from the Student

Here @VAMK University of Applied Sciences we have discussed a large number of times the student's feedback. More exactly why do we get so few students to provide feedback through our official feedback system. *) I think that one crucial reason is that many students believe that it is of no importance. It is easy to assume that the teacher doesn't care. But that is not so.
In order to prove for the students that I do care and I want them to give feedback, I have promised myself and  my students of course that I will provide them with a list of the earlier feedbacks that I have received and also what actions have been taken on the basis of their feedback. Se example below.  This, I hope, will help the students to see the significans of their feedback. They can all help us/me to be a better teacher/to help us to make more efficient learning experiences.
I don't have to say where I got this from, do I.
Ok, if you have not read my earlier postings check out http://www.leanprofessor.com/ 

*) Footnote: Yes, I know that there are many ways to ask for feedback and many teachers ask for it. The point here is to get students to give formal feedback and to get it documented in the Quality System as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment